Main Purpose of Job: Overview
To support all commercial activities required by the palletways members to ensure financial stability, pro-actively working with the members to create profitable revenue growth by ensuring the implementation of sustainable client relationships.
- Responsibility for the ongoing commercial development of all existing Palletways Members with a view to reaching agreed minimum budgeted levels through either formal agreed plans or more informal mechanisms.
- Induct, train, coach & advise UK member sales teams in maintaining existing volumes & generating new Palletways business.
- Support the recruitment of sales personnel for the membership when required.
- Organise structured & worthwhile Regional Sales Meetings to promote Palletways products & address Member commercial challenges, when possible.
- Participate & support induction of new personnel.
- Maintenance & management of weekly commercial KPI's (including outbound volumes) & monthly commercial KPI's
- Actively engage with the annual member volume forecast process for the inclusion within the Group Budget. Support Members, as necessary, in their submission & work closely with RGM's to ensure their forecast is reflective of the current commercial environment at the depot.
- Assist RGM's with regional strategy by providing commercial information, as required.
- Be constantly aware of all factors, positive and adverse, with the potential to affect the performance of the palletways members and take appropriate action. Effectively inform and engage all parties, particularly management team.
- Continuous development of intelligence by sector and business type to identify most viable prospects by individual member marketing area. Ensure that all leads are effectively sourced, persued & worthwhile appointments attained via campaigns or simply via the telemarketing team.
- Constantly feed back market conditions to relevant colleagues and senior managers.
- Liaise with other departments, in particular Telemarketing, in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant support in relation to Member business growth.
Key skills (Technical):
- MUST have a min of 3 years Pallet Network Experience
- Good MS Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Proven track record in new business sales/commercial support functions- especially at senior and board level.
- Be able to work comfortably on delivering solutions on a digital - Hybrid platform not just physically face to face.
- Must be able to work within a member driven environment, working with Business Owners and their senior team
Experience (type and level):
- Experience in a sales or business service environment is a must especially in a Logistics environment.Typically, we would expect a minimum of 3years’ experience within this specific sector to acquire the skillset needed to be successful in this role.
Qualifications (General qualifications & Professional):
- At least 5 GCSE / ‘O’ Levels to include English & Maths
- Completion of formal sales training courses
- Knowledge of 3PL services including, fulfilment.
Miscellaneous (e.g. shift work, requirement to drive, travel etc):
- Flexibility to work extra hours at short notice and take on additional tasks.
To apply, please send you CV and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org