To work within the Machine applied Micro Asphalt crew to assist in the laying of Micro Asphalt to road surfaces as required. To ensure the works are completed on time and within budget. To work in a manner that is condusive to health and safety.
Location: Nationwide (as multiple roles available through out the UK)
Reports to: Crew Foreman
Business and Contract Unit: Surface Treatments
The key duties are as follows:
- To safely carry out road repairs and improvements to using the Micro asphalt process.
- To apply safe methods of working through the use of personal protective equipment, correct manual handling, use of small plant and equipment such as Rollers
- To apply and abide by Health & Safety at Work Act, Road Traffic Act and apply safe methods of working to all activities.
- To understand and follow procedures relating to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- To understand and follow procedures relating to Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome regulations (HAVS).
- To drive an HGV vehicle within the confines of The Road Traffic Act
- To operate machinery as required and directed by the foreman
- To be available to work away from home on a one weekend on one off basis, no bank holiday working
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
Skills & Experience
- Driving experience is a must but training will be given
- Valid UK driving licence
- Current Driving Licence (Required/Essential)
- LGV 2 (Required/Essential)
- LGV 1 (Preferred/Not Essential)
- CSCS Card
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
- Emergency First Aid
- Safe Dig - CAT & Genny
- Working Safely
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Personal Organisation
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Development & Innovation
- Flexibility/Attitude to Change
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking
- Job Skills and Technical & Knowledge (list specific essential requirements)
- Working as part of a team
- Ability to work on own
- Good Communicator