Goods-In Warehouse Operative - new enhanced bonus rates!
We are looking to recruit a Goods-In Warehouse Operative to join our busy team at our Melton warehouse.
Earn up to £25,990.40 per year as one of our Goods In Operatives. Melton, North Ferriby (near Hull, HU14 3HJ), 6am-2pm shifts, 40
hours per week, working five 8 hour shifts per week working every other weekend plus an excellent attendance bonus of £150 per
month! Earn up to £25,990.40 per year! Overtime paid at time and a half plus pension and staff discount across Heron Foods and
The role involves checking and logging incoming stock in a fast paced environment to ensure it is efficiently put away within the
Freezer, Chilled or Ambient chambers. This role requires a keen eye for detail and excellent accuracy skills.
Why work for Heron Foods as a Goods-In Warehouse operative?
* £11.63 per hour basic rate
* Earn up to £150 per month attendance bonus
* Overtime paid at time and a half rate
* Potential earnings of up to £25,990.40 per year!
* Working on a two week rolling rota with every other weekend off
* Opportunities to grow and develop within the buisness - we prefer to promote from within
* Grow within a successful and rapidbly expanding buisness
* 10% Staff discount with Heron Foods and sister company B&M
Other benefits include:
* 30 days annual leave, plus additional days awarded for long service
* Weekly pay
* Reward and recognition scheme and celebration of long service & work anniversaries.
* Free tea and coffee.
* Refer a friend scheme.
* PPE provided
* Access to BenefitHub for you and your family for exclusive deals and discounts on everyday purchases, eating out, family days
out, financial services etc.
* To work as part of a small team within goods inwards covering Dry, Chilled and Freezer
* Responsible for removing pallets from the goods inwards vehicles
* Match the goods received against the delivery note, report any discrepancies
* Using a Ped-Op you will relocate the goods to a designated area
* Reach Truck training maybe required
* All other aspects of a warehouse operative will apply including picking, cleaning etc
* Numeracy is key for this position due dealing with high volumes of stock levels
* You could be potentially working in conditions of -25 in the Freezer section, for this will have the correct PPE to work in
* Manage your time effectively in order to achieve the targets and job standards set
* Complying with all Health & Safety responsibilities in line with Company policies and procedures
Skills and experience:
* Essential: time management, accuracy, energy and a ‘can do’ attitude, ability to work to KPI targets
* Desirable: previous warehouse experience, manual handling experience, stock management experience
* Previous experience may include: Order Picker, Warehouse Operative, Goods Out, Retail Assistant, Order Packer, Warehouse
Assistant, Distribution Centre Operative
Previous experience may include - Warehouse Picker, Warehouse Assistant, Warehouse Apprentice, Warehouse Picking, Order Picker,
Warehouse Operative, Goods Out, Goods In, Retail Assistant, Order Packer, Warehouse Assistant, Distribution Centre Operative.
Jobs by Category
Logistics, transport and warehousing