Main purpose of job
• To manage an assigned floor/ area within the warehouse, inclusive of the operational processes; people and client relationships
• To proactively plan labour, equipment and activities related to these processes during the shift
• To promote and foster a culture of working safely and supporting the development of the team and the individuals within it
Key tasks and responsibilities
• To manage the people and processes related to an assigned floor/ process
• To ensure that the right resources are deployed to successfully
• To promote a safe working environment and ensure safe working practices are adhered to throughout the warehouse; taking appropriate action in line with company procedures in the event of health and safety breaches
• To proactively identify and flag problems and ensure these problems are resolved with minimum disruption to service
• To foster a positive working environment through regular communication with the team, providing feedback; encouraging ideas, developing skills, understanding concerns and celebrating success
• To monitor the performance of individuals and teams, providing feedback, coaching; mentoring and training to facilitate improvement and development.
• To support the Shift Manager during the formal performance management; absence and disciplinary processes
• To promote and create a continuous improvement culture through identifying areas for improvement and positively acting on them
• To undertake/ lead ad hoc projects as required
Essential Skills/ Qualifications
• Understands our business, our market and how we operate within it. Is aware of how our teams work together to achieve business targets. Curious to know and build their understanding of the business.
• Keeping up to date with external development relevant to their role. Brings fresh thinking and new ideas to drive individual & team performance, seeking support where necessary.
• Uses knowledge & judgement to make decisions. Understands the impact of their decisions and knows when to check or consult with others. Takes ownership of their decisions and sees things through.
• Consistently delivers core processes while looking for opportunities to improve. Demonstrates attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Able to clearly communicate and engage effectively with others across all levels and has credibility in their delivery. Is a role model for the values and leads by example. Sought out by others for views and opinions and is able to provide clear direction whilst driving continuous improvement.
• Adapts style to suit their audience to gain buy-in. Ability to influence within team/peer group & upwards to line manager. Knows & engages/seeks out relevant internal contacts.
• Able to clearly describe personal career aspirations. Takes accountability for driving their own development, seeking support appropriately and owning a clear development plan. Demonstrates a hunger for learning and growth, actively recognising and pursuing development opportunities
• Change Mindset - You embrace change, understands the rationale for change and are confident working in a changing environment. You display a positive can - do attitude.
• Operational Focus - You consistently deliver core processes while looking for opportunities to improve. You demonstrate attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Personal Development - You can clearly describe your personal career aspirations. You take accountability for your own development though a clear development plan. You demonstrate a desire to learn new skills.
• Strategic Thinking - You understand the organisations goals and how you contribute towards achieving them.
• Influence - You influence your work and colleagues in a positive and constructive way.
• Inspirational Leadership - You engage with others and have a respectful way of communicating.
Salary24,000.00 - 30,000.00 Annual