- Suffolk County Council - Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 1NF
- £24,496 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- 37 hours per week (3 positions available)
We are committed to flexible working, so please read the Job and Person Profile (docx) to find out about the types of flexible working available for this role.
We welcome applications from everyone. We particularly welcome male applicants because they are under-represented in this directorate.
A great opportunity for you to join the South Suffolk Early Help Team as a Family Support Practitioner, working from Uplands, Sudbury.
In this diverse, challenging, and rewarding role as an Early Help Family Support Practitioner, you will deliver a range of interventions to vulnerable children and families across Suffolk.
- communicate and engage with children of all ages and their families
- assess, plan and review
- report and record accurately
- actively build relationships and networks with multi-agency Partners
- manage risk and safeguarding concerns
- offer information, advice and signpost.
You can view a full list of requirements in the Job and Person Profile (docx). If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, even if you do not meet all the requirements, please apply. We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
We will offer you
Children and Young People’s Services are committed to the ongoing professional development of staff.
Individuals are encouraged to develop specialisms specific to their role as a Family Support Practitioner and to follow career progression opportunities, this can include supported routes such as the Apprentice Social Worker programme.
Travel and workplace requirements
We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate, but in this role, you will need to travel to locations away from your contractual base, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
This role is mainly based in the community; however, you may also have the opportunity to work from home occasionally and you will have an office base. Please speak with the contact detailed below if you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements.
For more information
For an informal discussion, please contact Carrie Jordan by calling 07860 593419 or 01787 315900.
Please read the Job and Person Profile (docx), before applying for this job opportunity.
In your application, please ensure your statement indicates how you meet each of the criteria in the ‘Person Profile’ section of the JPP.
Closing date: 11.30 pm, 27 September 2023.
Promoted as JOTW (Job of the Week) on Suffolk Jobs Direct.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
As a modern and effective council, we offer a wide variety of careers to suit people with a range of skills, abilities and ambitions. We offer working options that flex to reflect the way people work today and take the time to understand and support your individual needs. We’re driven to make a positive difference to the world around us and encourage everyone with drive and focus to join us and build an influential and impactful career. Reimagine the possibilities.
In return, you’ll enjoy:
- up to 28 days annual leave entitlement (pro rata), plus UK bank holidays and two paid volunteering days
- membership of a competitive Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- travel, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits
- performance-related annual pay progression, in addition to an annual cost-of-living pay increase
- training and encouragement to expand your knowledge
- a variety of career development opportunities across our organisation
- diverse and active staff networks
- flexible working options, with the right to request flexible working from your first day
- plus more!
If you would like to know more about our benefits, values and equality commitments please visit our Working for Suffolk County Council pages (www.Suffolk.gov.uk/careers).